Friday, June 28, 2019

Divergent Ink Concept: Da'Kharta Rising's Thoughts

Hi again!

This week is going to be full of exciting content. Today, the one and only Da'Khata Rising graces the stage of my Blog to bring her thoughts on Divergent Ink!
After you, Da'Kharta!



What’s cracking? The SASS here, stretching my achy muscles (don’t ask) to speak on the Divergent Ink collection as a whole.

I know you are probably trying to figure out why a Slightly Antisocial Socialite would get involved in a project with five other people, along with why this project.

First off, I don’t work with people whose work I have not peeped. Nor do I work with people who suck. I have read at least one book by each of the authors in here and can tell you which books or stories I enjoy the most from each of them.

Oooh, so you want to dare me? Okay, game on.

As far as the Mann (you folks know him as Adonis Mann), I have to go with the joint venture with he did with Desire, Simmer: Smoothe & Sweet. That scene when ol’ boy got caught. What can I say? The drama and the clapback thrilled me to no end. You just have to read it yourself.

Since I brought up Synful Desire, it’s hard because she’s got so much atypical stuff. That’s what I dig about her the most. If I am forced to choose one, I have to go with “Seven Days of Stimul”, her story in the first Divergent Ink. Normally, I wouldn’t read anything sappy but it was the comedy of Bette’s circumstances and relating to Bette as an overall person that kept this a page turner. Nope, I’m not going to tell if she gets the guy.

Speaking of sappy … I mean C. Desert Rose (just joking Rosie if you’re reading this; it was a nice lead in) … it’s cool what she’s doing with the whole Angels and Demons segment. Don’t tell her I told you this (it may go to her head) but her strides in paranormal loosely inspired my vision with the Transcendent Choice collection. Yet, my favorite book in her Fate’s Endeavor series isn’t her first book but the 2nd one Demonness Enchanted.

Knowing my favorite read of Y. Correa is very easy. It’s everything Earth 8-8-2. Genesis is a beast! I’m like that fan that feels like she’s been waiting too long (like Game of Thrones) for the next book to drop. I’m not trying to rush the next book and yet, I am. Y. Correa, don’t be like Game of Thrones.

In contrast, deciding on my most enjoyable read from Queen of Spades is the most difficult. Depending on what she writes brings out lots of emotions, some I thought I iced ages ago. She reminds me that I can be vulnerable, and that makes me like her and shake my head at her simultaneously. Although it’s one of her older contributions, I consider it timeless. That would be her poetry collection Private Pain: Amidst These Ashes.

Nobody that’s part of Divergent Ink sucks.

As far as “why Divergent Ink”, just sound it out. Doesn’t it resonate like smooth liquid going down your throat? On a cold day, for me, hot chocolate. You can pick whatever beverage makes you feel good.

More than that, just knowing that the topics change each time is a challenge. It gives one freedom to craft the answer in one’s own vision. It does help that there’s no word maximum, but I think I’m the reason they creators decided to give a 1,000 word minimum. What can I say? I like to get to the point.

I’m uncertain if they’re going to put a cap on how many books but no matter how many there are, this author right here will be a part of them.

For good reading, you can’t go wrong.










COMING SOON!

No comments:

Post a Comment